Here is a small list of reasons I liked my birthday:
- I could justify a delicious ham and cheese toasted sandwich for breakfast, even though today is my “kick off” for 35 goals by 35.
- My colleagues surprised me with cake at 10:30 this morning and it was home-made lemon cake that Sharon baked and again, I justified it.
- The wind blew a gale all day, work is still busy after the weekend test, but in my head I kept coming back to the thought: “Who cares? It’s my birthday!”
- Lunch with Dee and Jay of roast pork and vegetables, and much laughing and gossip.
- Family dinner – Dave, Mum, Penny, Rees, Daryn and I, and I ate so much my belly is very busted. Dinner included lemon meringue pie for dessert.
- I kicked off my “35 by 35” challenge by playing “Star Wars Operation” with Penny, Dave and Rees which Penny gave me for my birthday. I also made this list.
- Once my belly subsides from all this yummy birthday food I feel excited about the rest of the challenge, and ready to tackle some of the exercise tomorrow.
- Lots of birthday kisses and hugs and Facebook greetings and text messages and everything that makes me feel loved.
- Birthdays are just ace.